-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
I have found you also need to refresh the desktop after 30 seconds or so else it does not display poper.
-
I have tried the security rights, but it even happens when I create a new project, save it and reopen it. This problem only affects 6 kiddies.
-
I has a problem. When a kiddie opens up a photostory projet that he has previously saved he gets an Access Denied Error. This does not affect all kids only a dozen or so. So far I have Made sure the application is exempt from within AD. I have deleted his profile and wiped it from the PC. I have tried opening it from a different login (no probs) but the login has the problem opening the file from what ever PC you log in on. I have not been able to google the problem and after 4 hours and being asked every hour if its fixed yet, I am more than a little sick of it. Any ideas? I willl be digging out the regmon and filemon next.
-
Aldi, for when Lidl isn't quite Pikey enough.
-
i used to love 3d monster maze, I have the game tape and zx81 still.
-
Yes, with lots of printouts and passwords, ipconfigs, spiceworks reports ect.
-
You could do what we have done. Buy a big TFT screen 32" - 50" and have a computer constantly running a looping powerpoint of whats going on in the school. Photo stories and video all work well in power point. All you need is an old 700mhz pc or above to run the thing. To aid ease of use, I have it networked, with real VNC running to allow me to stop and start it remotely, and a share where I can dump the packaged powerpoints. Cost s £600 for a 32" version. 2K would buy a really nice 50" and pay for the network point and power point. Kids love it.
-
Downloading a streaming realplayer clip....
ICT_GUY replied to Pumaedition's topic in How do you do....it?
Cam Studio, it takes a little messing with to make sure you are capturing the audio but works well enough. It captures any part of the screen to a avi file. Quality is good enough, especially when put through movie maker afterwards to shrink the file size a bit. http://camstudio.org/ Oh and its free woohoo! -
Not very environmentally friendly though is it? For us 10k of printing is a years worth per printer. Besides it comes down to cost, at the moment landfill is cheap and my budget very small. :?
-
Do what we do, Buy a cheap printer and throw it away when broken. IJT to a little HP job for £99 with 10K worth of toner (including drum). So after 10k of printing you bin it and use another. £1000 gives you 100k of printing, job done. though you will have a stack of printers at the end, but you can sell them on if you like
-
Handbrake worked for me recently, not sure it works with encrypted files though. I doubt that we are allowed to discuss how to decrypt dvds here but sufice to say there are utilities available.
-
Active desktop. We have it enabled on our network and when locked it displays the current background.
-
Thats funny. I like the photoshop one.
-
IJT do buy 4 toner carts get the laser printer free. 8O
-
If using active desktop you will need a util to refresh the background else sometimes it does not load correctly.
-
I got fed up with sophos, its a real resource hog. It made most of the laptops unusable. Its a shame, the support I got was pretty good. Nod 32 is working like a charm so far. 8O
-
From the site formerly known as the daily WTF. Kevin Sedgley was impressed with how accessible his local fire station's website is. Mousing over the image displays a movie clip showing the woman signing the page's text for the deaf... http://www.wmfs.net/wmfs/home.xtml?bhcp=1 Made me giggle, all the effort to make sure the illiterate deaf websurfers dont feel left out.
-
Webpage formatting problem using Publisher
ICT_GUY replied to laserblazer's topic in Web Development
News letters on our site go up as PDF files. PrimoPDF is free and does a very good job. I have not had any complaints about doing it this way. -
Those PSUs are poop. Try getting a new one or rebuild it in a new case (cheapest way)
-
Has anyone ever managed to get themselves a payrise?
ICT_GUY replied to Little-Miss's topic in General Chat
I got 5 extra hours per week pay that I dont have to work. Its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. -
It uses a linux boot loader. If you want to use it to boot to a floppy then just supply it with and image of the floppy or a floppy disc.
-
Teacher wants to access active directory...
ICT_GUY replied to Olumite's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I have a VB prog that I wrote that opens every students homefolder in a particular class. Also antother that puts files into them. Teachers were trying to do this manually and wating 1 hour of PPA time. -
Now thats set me thinking, certainly saving a pdf copy would be nice. I noticed papercut do a free print logger, this seems to pretty cool as it logs everything to excel frienly file. This would give me access to a top 5 heavy users on the colour printer which just might scare them into not printing out tones of rubbish at £1 per page.
