Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Any fool can criticize others.
  2. Are you serious? In what way is that derogatory? Sounds quite cute if you ask me. Real racism is a nasty hateful thing, a hatred based purely on the colour of your skin, what you are talking about is the political correct bullshiat racism made up by idiot politicians. Personally I find it more disturbing for people to be nasty about someone just based on what they see plastered over a biased and corrupt media who don't once stop and think that perhaps what is shown is not by any stretch of the imagination the truth.
  3. “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.” Dale Carnegie.
  4. The point I was making was quite simple, if its so easy for someone who is so obviously inferior to you to be so successful, why are you not doing better than her?
  5. With the money the farmer is paying, it would be a stupid cow that did not.
  6. Did you read what you wrote? The people who buy into this crap might be stupid, the people capitalizing on the current trend are most certainly not.
  7. With your superior intellect you must surely be more successful than her? Or are you just trying to be elitist? I have respect to people who can be successful with what limited means they have at their disposal. She has done very well with limited means, what would your excuse be? She is successful because she is stupid? Frankly that makes no sense at all. As far as I have been able to make out, to be successful at making money through the media takes a lot of work and ambition. Its a job just like any other.
  8. If jade goody is so stupid, how come she earned 50x our yearly wage in a day?
  9. I would not speak ill of anyone in her situation. Hand on heart, if it was me, I would do everything I possibly could to provide for my children. If it meant whoring myself to the media, then that is exactly what I would do. No matter what you think of Jade, she is in a nightmare situation that could strike anyone of us at any time. We have lost one member of staff to cancer recently who was a young mother. My wife is also very susceptible to skin cancer and has been operated on many times to have malignant moles removed. Be critical of the rubber neckers that are watching the train wreck that is happening, but don't attack a dying woman who is providing for her children's future in the only way she knows how.
  10. klite codec pack works well
  11. I have similar issues, but on a smaller scale, SCL have posted spare out when asked without question.
  12. Very useful bit of software. So is it still going to be available for download? I'm glad I donated.
  13. I have a quad core CPU, 4 gigs of ram (with vista 64 which seems to work ok), a 512mb gt8800 and around 1.6 terrabytes of HD space. Quad core processors are worth the money if you do anything but basic word processing & web. Lots of ram is great if you do anything in photoshop. If you don't then I would buy a discount laptop with the specs you provided. Since you have a DSLR then more memory and at least two Hard Disks are essential. My setup cost me around £500 ish.
  14. Go with the slipstreaming, I am guessing that there is a device driver incompatibility. Hardware has moved on a bit in the last 8 years
  15. I live in a cupboard office, they felt a little sorry for me so they put a window in the roof above me, its really nice, I get loads of natural light now.
  16. I like my N95, but the GPS has failed. I would really like something with a qwerty keyboard.
  17. I am registered self employed I will have you know.
  18. Never less than £20 per hour.
  19. Nice work if you can get it. I doubt that I would have the nerve to put my 50d anywhere near the water no matter how good the waterproof case or how strongly it was attached to my arm.
  20. http://www.speedtest.net/result/421703187.png BT, and it works as stated most of the time.
  21. Acorn elite is listed on there, how many days of my youth did I waste on that?
  22. The only good thing is they are easy to replace. Usually you just lift the front panel off and pull the battery out. I have just done my main one the other week.
  23. There a very good bbc B emulator out there, works a treat.
  24. Mum and Dad. Its very disturbing, actually that's a lie, it needs an expletive in the middle of very and disturbing.
  25. SimpleOCR - freeware OCR software and royalty free OCR engine! It works very well, I have used it a fair amount and it is pretty accurate if you set your scanner up right. Oh and it is free!
×
×
  • Create New...