RobC
Members-
Posts
391 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobC
-
Hmmm. Looks like a good way to piss off the Technical department. Teach them to moan about my response times when I'm up to my eyeballs!
-
Implementing best practice ICT management and support
RobC replied to FITS's topic in Courses and Training
I don't know why I even bothered to look further into it. There aren't any (that I can find) that are anywhere near the north of Scotland. As bloody usual. -
Well, if it means anything, I don't class SIMS as a swear word. Phoenix on the other hand...
-
How about these as session ideas... Group Policy Repackaging Software (MSI's) Image & Software Deployment using Ghost Remote Installation Services (RIS) Exchange ISA Judging by the topics on here, I think these might be benificial. Another idea might be a brainstorming session for the Edugeek Project.
-
No problem. I'd be interested to know if it works...
-
Kingswood, have you tried fdisking the laptops? Or the other alternative is Gdisk that comes with ghost. I haven't actually used Gdisk myself, but AFAIK it can deal with any hidden partitions on the disk.
-
The problem with Remote Desktop is that you cannot watch what someone else is doing with it. I find that if I can sit and watch what the other person is doing over VNC, I can get a better idea of the problem. Remote Desktop insists on logging off any users before logging into a workstation. As for removing the desktop tray icon from VNC, it's a simple Registry hack if you are using TightVNC (just started using it in place of RealVNC...). HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\ Add a new DWORD value called DisableTrayIcon & give it the value of 1 to remove the icon.
-
Sounds good to me. I think I'd be able to attend only if it became an official conference (mainly because of travelling time! :? ), but I'm definately keen to go!
-
As far as seeing who is logged on where, LanView3 is exactly what you need.
-
Just remember, DB... No ritual burning of policemen while you're there!
-
Start with disk 1...? Nah, that's too easy!
-
Just found the following on MsExchange.org. Not sure if it's the solution... OWA web pages have broken links Let us know if it works...
-
A long shot, but try stopping both the Exchange & IIS services together, and then restarting them both.
-
Well, I've ordered it. Not sure if I'll ever get round to learning VB at all (or even if I'll be any good when I do... ) but at least I'll have it.
-
Just a quick question... Why two separate ranges? Do you run the admin & school networks separately?
-
Permissions on the ExchWeb folder?
-
Last Day of Term? What work you got planned over summer.
RobC replied to Alex's topic in General Chat
Ok, on third week of hols here. Last week was finding my desk & organising my office now that I'm permanent. This week has been installs & configs for our second network and I've just started on software installs & audits on all the systems in the Whole School network. Still to do: Network card installs in music, IT Handbook to write, More software installs, Fixing phone faults, Pugging clay for the art department (hell, it's a change from the computers!), Sorting out the extra thousand users on the network from before I came here & getting them ready to be deleted, Installing network cabling in Chemistry. And that's just the jobs I can think of right now. -
Not as far as I can see for Office XP.
-
Sorry, should have added... I'm happy for it to be a macro or script that's run when Word or Excel is opened. It only needs to add the footer to existing documents when they are opened. I think the xlstart directory is relevant for running macros or scripts when Excel is opened, but I'm not too sure. Rob.
-
Ok, on our smaller network I've been asked to set the footer for each user within Word and Excel (Office XP) to either the pupil's username or (for preference) their full name. I've tried a couple of scripts to do this but none of them work properly. So, what I need to do is: 1. Pull username or full name from AD, 2. Set the footer in Word and Excel to the above info, 3. Apply this to both new documents and all existing documents. Not asking for much am I...
-
Just been doing some late-night surfing on msexchange.org and came across this, which may be of use for some people... Rename a Domain with Exchange installed
-
Welcome to all the new members! Good to see you all. I have to say that I have quite a short fuse when it comes to this sort of thing. Our ICT Co-ordinator's wife is an english teacher here & is extremely demanding regards some things. I have come VERY close on several occasions to letting rip at her, but have managed to keep my cool. Job or no job, I will not let a teacher think that they can laude it over me, especially as I have just been promoted to Technician from Technical Assistant. Thankfully, these sort of staff are in the absolute minority in my school. As for the letter, there was no reply printed at all in the magazine. If I remember, I will scan the page tonight & post it.
-
Before we all get into which language we think it should be in, should we not check which languages we can all code in? No sense settling on something like C# if no-one can code in it... Personally I can code in basic HTML and some (extremely) basic VB script/VBA and that's about it!
-
My new copy of PC Pro has just arrived and... IT GOT PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe someone will read of our plight and do something about it! (Or maybe not...)
