Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

leon

Members
  • Posts

    129
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by leon

  1. Misco are pretty darn speedy -they got me a UPS battery here the next morning after placing an order at 5pm... EDIT: http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=110405&CatId=2734 Ring them though and ask for the dedicated sales team...
  2. Ollis was the supplier. We bought a whole lot stuff though, so maybe that brought extra discount? I'm going to be in cable hell in about 3 weeks time ;-).
  3. £219, you got a good price. :-)
  4. It's a 2626 you're after. I've just bought a stack of 'em.
  5. There was a thread about this on Something Awful the other day: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2538296
  6. Nice. Not too concerned with the difference, as we made out like bandits with Dell this year.
  7. Twas: £415.34. Pretty sure that's the going rate. *crosses fingers noone posts that they can be had for 50p from suchandsuch.com* ;-)
  8. Thanks Geoff, I've got 'em. http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/switches/switch2600series/overview.htm Mandy at Ollis is on the case -she's gonna harrass Ric ;-).
  9. Hokay, the order's in to Oliis. Took your recommendation Ric, if only to support this site. Their prices are a good as anywhere :-). @ Ric_: I also require a bunch of 6u data cabinets, to accomodate the Procurves (which have a rep for being deep). In another thread you mention getting some from Oliis which did the job. You wouldn't happen to have a brand/serial number? Thanks.
  10. Much obliged, that's great. This summer is sure going to be busy...
  11. Roche AV/Hitachi.
  12. Scotmk -That exact thing happened to us a couple of years back. In a room I'd just refurbed. *arrgh*
  13. I'm still on with this... Can anyone recommend me a UK procurve supplier? Many thanks.
  14. That said -gotta love Dell's unadvertised prices. ;-)
  15. Actually -Ive just this second got a quote back from the school team for a similarly specced 745 desktop -£314 (minus floppy/optical drives). Which is *mucho* less than the site quotes. So I reckon you're spot on Sysman. It would be nice if Dell's Public Sector Site provided accurate quotes!
  16. That's an excellent price for the USFF. I know it's cheapest to call them (we use Dell alot), but the best I can get it to on the web, with the spec you list is £699 (ex vat). I can't see the schools team knocking off that much?
  17. ...Or the installation directory contains a bunch of .cmd files that can be called/merged into a startup script, that way it might run from a network share. I just put it into our builds cause it's so useful. As OutToLunch says you configure it with the .ini. If you don't want to repack you could just copy this to a client via a script. It's easy to work from the included sample. Here's the contents of ours: [settings] ShowBalloonTips=1 NoMediaNoLetter=1 [DriveLetters] Letter1=M Letter2=N Letter3=O Letter4=P Letter5=Q Letter6=R [MultiSlotCardReaders] Letter1=V Letter2=W Letter3=X Letter4=Y [ExcludedLetters] Letter1=H Letter2=I Letter3=J Letter4=L Letter5=S Letter6=Z
  18. Sorry if I sound like a usbdlm apologist, but you can't map drives like that for every type of USB device... Windows will always assign the next available letter. Just wap usbdlm on your clients, it's free for educational use.
  19. USBDLM runs as a service on the client pc, which makes adding a USB device independent of user privileges. You can also make it assign letters within a stated range, so it doesn't clash with mapped drives if a usb key is plugged in from boot.
  20. Are you using USBDLM? If not, will make your life alot easier: http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6363&highlight=usbdlm :-)
  21. Edit: Sorry just reread your post, can't be awake yet. Originally posted some gibberish about giving your servers statics. I don't see how teaming will address you dhcp oddities...
  22. Sounds slick ;-) A copy of the design would be much appreciated -do you use fiber gbics in 2600 switches, in your suites?
  23. I hear that! I'm liking the idea of getting HP to do the leg work -have just mailed them my plans. Got to admit, I'm still torn with the 1800s for places of high usage (considering budget). Will there be a tangible benefit in keeping the backbone gigabit to an IT suite if the nics are 10/100? Thanks.
  24. Thanks for the advice gents. Looks like I've got some planning to do. :-)
  25. Comparisons here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/sm/WF06b/23591-23599-23599-23599-12627676-12627728-77672903.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_IEEN http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/sm/WF06b/23591-23599-23599-23599-23631-348703-31539195.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_IEENC-001_ProCurve%202626%20Switch&lang=en&cc=ie Looks like the 2626 is a better bet, it supports a few more useful protocols. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the reason I can't secure shell to my Censornet box through our current gear...
×
×
  • Create New...