Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

googlemad

Members
  • Posts

    1,904
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by googlemad

  1. Solved it Ran a Detect and Repair which gave me the option to reset any custom settings to default
  2. Help! Trying to build a software image and installed Office 2003 Picture Manager as part of it - To test it I opened a image file on a network location and now it is showing under 'Recently opened files' in the software! I can't find a way to delete the reference and really need to as this software image is pretty important
  3. Currently having a problem with a HP Laserjet 2550 colour laser printer - On printouts there appears to be a red/pink/magenta drop shadow behind black text! Any help? HP don't want to help for free
  4. A really random question came up yesterday in the office: "How can a laser printer tell a waste toner unit needs replacing and will refuse to work until a new one is fitted, even after completely cleaning out the old one when all the waste toner unit is is a piece of plastic" Answers on a postcard
  5. This thread reminds me of the tour I was getting round the college I am now employed with, I was asking if they had a wireless network and they did have one... ...until God destroyed it! (Bye bye insurance...)
  6. The best day weather wise this week was the day I was in a full business suit going for a interview!!! GRR
  7. I used that the other week. A fine bit of kit! Although still haven't found a way to get the .NET updates into the slipstream
  8. Well I signed the dotted line today! (Well I had to sign off all the CRB and stuff anyway!) Monday at 9am it is! Then it will quickly change to 8:30am! Least it is a bit of a early finish on Fridays They haven't confirmed a dress code yet, what should I wear to my first day at work? (It is a College)
  9. You know I've just realized something... They asked me a question in the interview regarding what kind of sites I would use for learning new tech etc and I failed to mention Edugeek!! Shocking
  10. I've just been offered a job at a College! Won't say where just yet as I need to sort out all the stuff now, but it really is a dream job for me and I really liked the place which is a bonus So no more Job hunt questions from me :oops:
  11. Finally they put me out of my misery!! (On my birthday too) Didn't get the job but I'm awaiting a phonecall from a much better place sometime today anyway
  12. The funny thing I've always found is how they just seem to put that looping sales video on every laptop and PC so you can't evaluate how fast the system runs until you get it home! (Yes there are certain system settings which are risky to let the great British public to be messing with but have they never heard of Local Group Policy?)
  13. There is a complicated story to how I got it free I have my Net+, MCDST and also one MCP towards MCSE (70-270). Obviously next step is to take two further exams to become MCSA
  14. Anyway as it happens I have also applied for another job and the job description stated 'Free gym membership'. One wonders if they are trying to suggest something there! :oops:
  15. Well Saturday and still no phone call, email or letter in the post. I'm trying to work out what they are up to
  16. Argh I'm getting stressed now No phone call and it ain't gonna happen now. Do you think it will be a 'Sorry' letter in the post tomorrow or could they still ring tomorrow even though they have apparently decided today? (Could they be doing a CRB check etc before offering me the post?)
  17. Grr! "We'll make a decision today..." Now 5:15pm and the clock is ticking I hope they ring today because I won't sleep tonight if they don't
  18. Thanks I forgot to mention the bus getting there! It was a new posh one with a information screen... ...Trouble was it was linked to a computer running Windows XP and it kept BSODing and rebooting!!!
  19. If you're all hoping the repeat is about the PC tech, it isn't. Check the thread dates However the full carry on is available on Youtube
  20. ...And it was my best one yet It was for a primary school, and they asked lots of questions stressing how I would need to liase with their current contract, RM etc Then they asked the killer question : What would you do if a backup failed And I injected some humour by saying one word : Panic! (Of course I did give a full answer after they had finished laughing!!!) We'll find out by the end of today anyway, 1 in 3 chance 8)
  21. I got offered a free go at the A+ today so I took it (Had the revision materials since last Tuesday, hardly looked at them) 190 questions over 2 exams, luckily I passed them both (I did find the second one started off with lots of repeat questions from the first exam, then got a little tougher!). Pretty basic stuff I guess but a bugger when they offer options where multiple answers could technically work. Anyway does the certification mean anything? I can't see it happening really, I also have Network+ if that makes it better?
  22. It dosen't leave streaks but you need to obviously do a bit of buffing to remove the cleaning solution from the screen totally. Although don't blame me if it dosen't perform on Matt screens as I have only tried it on my glossy laptop screen so far!
  23. http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7316.html I ordered this and it arrived in the post today. Quite a high price but it is an american import and is hard to source in the UK (The deluxe edition anyway) I had a glossy laptop screen which hated all cleaning solutions...Until a very small spray of this went on it! Within 5 minutes my laptop looks like it just left the factory! I assume it will work fine with Matt screens too. You get a load of cleaning solution and even travel wipes/travel bottle plus 2 very large anti scratch cleaning cloths. Excellent value
  24. Also if you don't get the job ask for feedback - In 3 of my interviews I have realized 'me' didn't have anything to do with not getting the job - It was down to other factors (Such as internal candidates for example)
  25. Question: They want any certificates for any qualifications listed on my application, however a few (Such as Microsoft ones) have still not arrived yet and therefore all I have is the sheet printed at the end of a VUE exam. Would these be acceptable?
×
×
  • Create New...