Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

markman

Members
  • Posts

    127
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by markman

  1. Yes you do, thanks for that. Changing the entry worked a treat!! Cheers
  2. It's standard.
  3. Where the hell am I going wrong!! I am setting up new servers to run our new wizzy network and I have got to disk quotas. I have set the disk quota limit in disk management on the storage server partition to 150Mb. (this had previously been set to 50Mb for testing purposes) and I have set disk quotas in our year 11 group policy to 150Mb. When I add data to a home directory it stops at 50Mb? Is there anything I am missing? Is it the previous setting to 50Mb on the partition? This is doing my head in :x
  4. Cover / supply staff are a nightmare I agree. You might as well have a cardboard cutout
  5. How many chools use CCTV in ICT suites? Also has there been any resistance? I have mentioned this in the past to stop vandalism but I come accross oppostion. Last person caught got a 'real ear bashing' according to the teacher. We do need to catcha and bring to justice the little £$%?$%, but the teaching staff need to be more vigilant.
  6. We do glue them, the either cut it off at the cable or just wreck it anyway.
  7. Does anyone know of a brand of mice that can't be dismantled within 30 seconds!!! We had mice with balls and the nicked the balls, we put in opticals and now they just pull off the buttons
  8. We use the charity Actionaid (http://www.actionaidrecycling.org.uk). They take toners, ink cartridges, olg PDS's and mobile phones as well.
  9. This whole sceme seems to have gone off half cocked with no one actually taking time to set it up properly! I for one am dreading the arrival of the laptops. Most of them will be on sale in the local pub the week after.
  10. I mean the 'Computers for Pupils scheme' Sorry!!
  11. Is there anyone running the 'Computers for Schools Scheme' yet? We are to get 327 laptops to be sent home to less fortunate families and to give thema broadband internet connection. Just interested is anyone up and runnin'? If so who is looking after the laptop repairs / broadband connection prob's when there is a problem?
  12. I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to bulk import our schools users onto our new server, I can get it to import username etc and into the correct OU but I can't get it to accept groups. Any ideas? Also can you add password? I don't fancy imputting 1200 users.
  13. I'm stuck on the RAID configuration. It is asking for eevice names, I know that there is a few combinations depending on yourvdisks and controller. It isn't SDA or RD/C0D0. Any ideas what other combinations could it be? It is a Dell 860 rackmount with mirrored SATA drives.
  14. Hi Chris, I am going to attempt it later. Will get in touch if I have a prob. cheers
  15. Does anyone have the installation guide for Censornet 3.36? I am setting up a new server and I can't find my copy and I can't find anything but the latest version on the Adelix site. Cheers
  16. Thats what I thought. Just seeing if there was some miracle cure
  17. Help needed! Last Friday as we were setting up new servers to replace our aging compaq monster our pupils lost all their work. Just disappeared! The server appeared fine but we rebooted to find 2 of our 4 disks in a raid 5 configuration had died. No doubt one had gone at some time previously and the server hadn't bothered to let us know. Anybody know of a way of retrieving any data from the remaining ones? I have retrived most from back up but some appears to be missing.
  18. All I want from Capita is a way to see who is logged in and way to lock people out for upgrades. We have support from Capita Penine and generally speaking we have had good service.
  19. Anyone know how to get videos removed from youtube.com? We have had a pupil filmed in class and then posted, what the teacher was doing I have no idea?!! You can actually see other phones appearing around the screen. Anyway I have spent ages going round in circles but I can't find where you do it. I have flagged it as inapropriate but I need to get in touch, this doesn't appear to have done anything. Help please? Anyone else having problems with videos going on youtube??
  20. The ones from sclonline look nice and neat and they have fewer parts for little hands to play with and in theory being part of the montior the teachers might acually see kids messing about with the sytems. If Jesus could turn water to wine I think this could happen. Found a half eaten chocolate muffin, empty bottle and half crisp packet inside a PC recently someone had stripped all the blank plates and metal guards behind and tucked the remains of his lunch inside but the teacher saw nothing?? I think all-in-ones could be damned good idea.
  21. Not born in the 80's, just about got a couple of teen years in the 80's!! :?
  22. 'Living in a box, I'm living in a cardboard box'... Ah the 80's!! 8) Perhaps I am showing my age here. We live in a IT suite store room, no windows or ventillation. Our server room has aricon that is connected to a toilet soil pipe and if that backs up we end up with a flood in the server room and at the mo' the servers are sat under it. Mmm not the best idea, this summer a big more will be needed.
  23. Vandalism, there is another problem with custom cases. They don't stand upto the destructive force known as hurricane pupils!! We are a boys school nad they love nothing better than to tear them apart,.
  24. Sorry, this is probably a well travelled subject!!
  25. Whats the word around town on the choice of branded or custom build PC's? We have a bit of both but up to now have found more problems with the custom builds (perhaps it is where we had them buit though).
×
×
  • Create New...