-
Posts
557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Protec
-
[video] Giant Boulder Flung from Mountain Skips Across a River in China
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I'll have to try that when I go to the beach next! -
New secondary school builds seem to using the touch screens as standard. In my last schools it made more sense to keep buying lamps for the existing projectors. I'd say less than 20% of classrooms even used the IWB pen so installing touch screens would be a bit of a waste for the majority of rooms that will never use the touch screen. One thing that I didn't like about the touch screens is that their built in speakers sound terrible! The old IWBs had a pair of Vision speakers and they filled the room easily and sounded great. The ones included on the Promethean ones sound really bad.
-
They are definitely getting much less popular since touch screen panels came out but I know some schools are still purchasing projectors for their existing IWBs. For places like Sixth forms, projectors typically make more sense as the touch functionality wouldn't be used. I've seen colleges simply project onto the wall to create a large image.
-
I haven't heard anything about it tbh. I would probably go with an EPSON projector anyway.
-
Try spraying oil into the fan and if that doesn't do much, look for a replacement on ebay. I think many modern fans have sealed bearings but it's still worth a try. Search on ebay "Spectre X360 13-AE0XX cooling fan" and there might be the part you need!
-
CrystalDiskInfo is quite good for checking hard drives.
-
Yeah, AOC are known to make budget monitors. My particular model is fine but if I had a reason to replace them I would get better monitors. What brands do you like
-
Interesting... My main monitor which is an AOC E2460S has really good viewing angles. I have to admit the colours do look slightly better on the Philips TV but I use them as monitors so not really bothered about that. I've had the AOC monitor since 2016 and it runs every day for long hours.
-
Same thing here. It was left unlocked with the pair of the keys in the lock. I think the thieves were there for a long time too since they left the "bad" ones. Not sure why they were so desperate for 10 year old laptops, most with missing keys and loose hinges.
-
That is not always the case. My AOC monitor has excellent viewing angles compared to my Philips TV. I have never used the built in speakers and have always used separate speakers anyway.
-
I can remember that school from Educating Greater Manchester.
-
I have a pair of Vision SP-1300 speakers for my projector. The speakers I use at my desk are the Logitech Z625.
-
I can remember when the laptops were stolen at my last school. No one locked the door on the cabinet which made it easy for them.
-
I considered going on a typing course but ended up teaching myself to touch type over the years. 102wpm is my best.
-
I actually got told to put 2 spaces after the full stop by the teacher when I went to school. I knew it was wrong so never have and never will!
-
Yeah, there were quite a few things that we still more expensive than other places even with Maplins "reduced" prices. There were a few actually cheap products there. A similar thing happened when Tesco Direct closed. When I went to my local Tesco store, there was a trolley (the type used by staff to transport stock) and the trolley was full of keyboards, mice, headphones, etc. There was also some brand new Corsair K63 keyboards for £20 each lol. I picked up a couple as I couldn't resist for that price and sold one of them on Ebay the next day for £70. I kept the other k63 and also kept a Logitech G213 that was on the trolley for £10. I think there must have been some sort of problem with the pricing that day!
-
I can remember when the Maplin store near me closed down. They were selling everything and I mean everything! They were selling the metal pegs, shelving, etc. They were even selling the cups presumably from the staff room. There was even a sheet of A4 with a picture of a cup and the price. All I bought there was a hot swap HDD bay for my computers 5.25" bay which was cheap.
-
My motherboard now supports 32gb
-
-
That's right, most of the classrooms here don't even use the active board pen at all. In fact, most aren't even powered up and the projected image fills up the whole board. It would seem like a waste of money to put a new 4k ActivPanel in these classrooms when the touch functionality wouldn't even be used. I've heard of some schools removing the active boards and just projecting onto a white wall. It also means you can get a much larger image. I know some people say these boards are cheaper but a projector and even 5 years of lamps would be much less than £2000.
-
I'd go with the ActivPanel. They are descent overall. There are a few things I don't like about them such as; they are very reflective and the speakers sound terrible. If you are installing one of these ActivPanels and the speakers for the old IWB are still there, I'd suggest using the old speakers and they probably sound better than the ones built in.
