KarlBlacklock Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 I am currently having an issue accessing the Itunes store on a PC whilst authenticating through the NED. If I remove the proxy script, and go direct out it works fine. Have contacted One Connect but they are scratching their heads also! Anybody else had this issue? I don't want to route teacehers directly out to the internet, would much prefer them going through the NED where all traffic can be monitored. Also I don't want to have to setup another appliance such as smoothwall since the NED should meet all our needs, which it clearly doesn't!
Cache Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 We had this issue and gave up. I suspected that itunes wanted a username/password combination such as username@FQDN or NTDOMAIN\username but everything we tried didn't work, plus the fact I couldn't find anywhere in itunes to specify a specific proxy meant we just said it can't be used.
KarlBlacklock Posted February 4, 2013 Author Posted February 4, 2013 Saying it can't be used isn't a possibility for us. Teachers are responsible for the purchase of apps and management of the class ipads
KarlBlacklock Posted February 7, 2013 Author Posted February 7, 2013 One connect have got back to me regarding this and said it can't be done as Itunes does not allow authentication pass through!! and its not just the NED, apparently its with all proxies!!! Can anbody confirm this?
soveryapt Posted February 7, 2013 Posted February 7, 2013 If you use the direct proxy setting for the computers in question (proxy.lancsngfl.ac.uk:8080) then it works fine, but yes, through the NED it certainly doesn't like it. It's part of the reason I have to manage the iPads here really, though you could set the staff to have a direct Proxy setting using GPO, but it doesn't always unapply from the computer when they log out, so that may be an issue if you have students and sorts using the same computer aftwards.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now