rpettit Posted January 23, 2013 Posted January 23, 2013 I am new to KMS Host keys and licensing servers. I have a server 2012 box setup for VAMT and that also holds the Server 2012 KMS Host key. How can I add my Office 2013 host key? Every time I go to add another KMS host key it warns that it will overwrite the current KMS host key - this would be my server 2012 Host Key. Do I need to setup another server to be the host key for Office 2013? I am completely stuck and no matter how many times I read the Microsoft Documentation I am getting no where!
FN-GM Posted January 23, 2013 Posted January 23, 2013 Are you using the special program made to insert the Office 2013 KMS key? Have you seen this? - How to setup Microsoft Office 2013 KMS Host on Windows Server 2012 - Office Deployment Support Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
DaveCoop Posted February 7, 2013 Posted February 7, 2013 Hi rpettit, have you installed the KMS tool? once you install the tool use slmgr.vbs /ipk then use slmgr.vbs /ato to activate. I had a big problem with KMS as I used different servers etc, but changed to just one windows 8 PC as the KMS host and now everything plays nice. Also make sure you register the KMS in DNS! also the licences do not arm until X amount of requests have been received which is a pain when you just want to play with a couple of machines. let me know how you get on
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now