mweller Posted January 21, 2013 Posted January 21, 2013 Hi all We have an Exchange 2010 server and I am trying to get a specific email address to forward any incoming email to a distribution group. I have set up the forwarding happily through the management console so it redirects to the created distribution group. The distribution group consists of internal and external contacts. I have created the external people as mail contacts and I can send them an email by using this mail contact in the normal way but when they are part of a distribution group it fails to send, however the internal contacts work. We have other external distribution groups and we can send emails to these external addresses happily but it seems the forwarding element causes an issue. I have looked at the Message Delivery Restrictions on the email address, mail contacts and distribution group and ensured the require that all senders are authenticated is unticked but it still won't send to external mail contacts. Have I missed anything? Thanks Mark
sukh Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Try setting the below for the DL. Set-DistributionGroup "Distribution Group Name" -ReportToManagerEnabled $true Set-DistributionGroup "Distribution Group Name" -ReportToOriginatorEnabled $true
mweller Posted January 23, 2013 Author Posted January 23, 2013 Thanks for the reply sukh, I tried your suggestion but we are still experiencing the issue. After some more testing it looks like Google are blocking the forwarding email. If you send an email to the distribution group in the normal way the email arrives at all addresses but if you use the distribution group in a rule or as a forward it never reaches google but it does other accounts e.g. hotmail. Google have suggested I look at creating a SPF record as google mail looks at these. Not done this before so am reading up on it now.
sukh Posted January 23, 2013 Posted January 23, 2013 So its just the Google contact in the DG which doesnt get it? Does the message leave your Org?
mweller Posted January 23, 2013 Author Posted January 23, 2013 Yes that is the case, I've now gone through the process of creating a SPF record and they all now work. Tracking the messages they were leaving the org but the SPF record seems to allow the forwarding to the external contacts, hotmail was fine but yahoo and gmail blocked the forwarding email but the SPF record seems to of sorted this out. Thanks
sukh Posted January 24, 2013 Posted January 24, 2013 Just to understand this, when you were sending to the DG, was it from an external recipient and was it from Google/Hotmail etc... For e.g [email protected] senda to a DG called [email protected] and this has a contact called [email protected] which failed. BUT what did the message appear as when [email protected] received the messaage? I assume as [email protected]?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now