Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys/girls,

 

I'm in the process of building an asset tracking system for the business. I've built the databatase, forms and macros, and published using sharepoint 2010 access services.

When I use access to test the forms it works great, there's navigation bars at the bottom with record references and a search bar. When I publish it, the search bar disappears and I can't for the life of me create a search field on a form without it changing data. I've tried lookup fields, combo box selection, but it just appends data to the record which I don't want. I only need to search one field (ID - Computer name) and bring up the resulting record in its entirety. Anyone got any tips/ideas? I'm not all that good with access and could be missing something quite simple.

 

Thanks

 

Darren

Posted (edited)

[sOLVED]

 

I built a blank form with unbound text fields, then added a command button with an embedded macro containing a TempVar and OpenForm object. You can now search the databse in a web browser and it opens the corresponding option in a new window. Perfick.

 

Something I didn't realise - you have to use TempVars otherwise the browser doesn't recognise the object reference( [Forms]![Formname]![Field] ).

Edited by DT2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...