stanwell Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 Hi, I know that after giving a user full access to another mailbox they can right click their name in OWA and click Open Other User's Inbox. That Inbox then stays open on their OWA each time they log in unless they decide to remove it. My account has full access to all mailboxes. What I want to do is authenticate as myself against another users mailbox and then open a generic mailbox on their account for them so that the next time they log in it will already be there for them. Does that make sense? E.g. 3 Mailboxes. Myself, Joe Bloggs, and Generic. Open http://webmail.domain.com/owa/[email protected] but authenticate as Myself (which has access to all mailboxes) Right click on Joe Bloggs' name in the left pane (above Inbox) and click Open Other User's Inbox Open Generic mailbox. Next time Joe Bloggs logs in he sees the Generic mailbox already open as well as his own. The problem is when I authenticate as myself on Joe Bloggs' mailbox the Open Other User's Inbox option is disabled. (It's there, you just can't click it) Is there a way to either enable the option for me or maybe use PowerShell to open/link the generic mailbox to his OWA? I know it seems odd, why cant I just tell Joe Bloggs to right click his name etc etc. But there is method to my madness! Thanks in advance, Dan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now