Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Epson EMP-X5 lamp error with new bulb


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there, I have a question that hopefully someone could help with.

 

We have an Epson EMP-X5 which has started generating the lamp error signals (flashing red 'lamp' light). This is the second time it's done this, and currently has a new (50hrs used) lamp, so I am thinking the issue is the projector.

 

Does anyone have any suggestion for me as to what I can try?

 

It is ceiling mounted, but I regularly clean the filter and keep it as dust-free as possible.

 

It's quite old (2008) and that's why I haven't called Epson as I'm expecting they'll tell me we need a new one (which is probably the case, I just wanted to try all other options first). Unfortunately this is one of the younger projectors in our school! So I am hoping we can keep it limping on a little more until we can afford to replace it.

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted

Projectors are cheap these days, replace it with a casio "bulbless" one and you wont have any more problems.

 

We don't even bother replacing bulbs on our older projectors, just buy new casio ones. Its only a couple of hundred quid difference and you will save in bulb costs for the future.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into those. However, at the moment they're not an option. I am hoping to get this one working again if possible. I'm not sure it's on its way out just yet.

 

I opened up the projector and noticed that as I took off the bulb casing a lot of white dust particles fell out. The white coating on the 'rear' of the bulb is very loose and a lot of it fell off as I took it out. I've never noticed this before with other bulbs, is it an issue or something common? Here's a picture of the area I'm referring to:

 

IMG_3975.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...