Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

VNC - Any way to show a message to user when PC is being controlled?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there any way to get VNC to put a small notification on a user's screen when it is being controlled / viewed? Sort of "DOMAIN\User is viewing / controlling your PC"

 

With Zenworks the Remote Control could do this...

Posted

I miss Zenworks Remote Control.....!!!!!! The screen locking and input lock worked a treat - doesnt work in VNC!

 

No Idea but with VNC you can blank the screen but I've found it also blanks the screen on the remote controller too which is no good!

 

However, Unfortunately, I don't think what you are trying to do is possible....

Posted
TightVNC changes the colour of the icon in the tray when somebody connects to your PC. The average user might not notice this, but sharp-eyed people will. In my experience, the user knows that somebody is connected to their PC, especially when I help them by closing the game that they are playing (but shouldn't be).
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...