Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

One of our 5406zl procurves is indicating a POE fault on PSU1,

 

Initially we checked that in the firmware POE is enabled for the port we want to use, but no volts appear. I've had a look at logs and there is nothing in them. On the management interface the PS icon indicating the power supply is red, that is the only indication of a fault on the unit. There is no fault light on, on the back of the switch.

 

I guess my question here is:

 

Is there anything else I can try?

 

Should I reboot before I call HP and risk the switch not coming back up?

 

Should I just call HP and get an advance replacement?

 

Thanks.

Posted
Have multiple ports stopped getting PoE? Or just the one? There's a chance if the above doesn't fix it that one of the rails has died in the PSU if it's mutiple ports. If it's just the one port, the module with the port might have a fault, rather than the PSU. Do you graph any switch snmp info with Cacti or Nagios? Errors will show up there too..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...