Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We have a number of laptop trolleys in use at our primary school and I'm trying to come up with a system that allows easy access to the laptops so that they can do the job they were bought for but that also gives control over the physical security of the laptop itself.

 

I have tried to get the teachers to count how many are in the trolley before they take the number they need (They are not always used as a full class set) and then to record how many they have taken together with their class name, their initials and the time they took them but this is proving tricky as there is a need for students (year 5 & 6 only) to access the trolley themselves sometimes. The result is that we keep checking the trollies at the end of the day and finding that some are missing. Often they are still in use somewhere on site but we have no idea where.

 

We cannot be the first school to have this issue so I'd be interested to know if anyone has come up with a workable solution that allows easy access to the laptops for the classes but that retains a level of security over their whereabouts. I'm not looking to be too draconian about it but I do want to stop having to replace laptops!

 

Thanks in anticipation

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...