chazzy2501 Posted June 28, 2012 Posted June 28, 2012 Not even sure how to describe it really. We have a generic email account for the school which is handled by 3 admin staff (shared mailbox in exchange) I was wondering if it is possible for them to forward the emails but preserve the reply address. (Some staff reply to the emails that then end up in the generic account again and admin are having to forward them to the correct originator) + it would be super handy.
X-13 Posted June 28, 2012 Posted June 28, 2012 I know exactly what you're talking about... You need to preserve the header information. 1
chazzy2501 Posted June 29, 2012 Author Posted June 29, 2012 Can't you use Send-As permission? That would work for people within the school but this is really external emails. I wish there was a "transparent forward" option.
X-13 Posted June 29, 2012 Posted June 29, 2012 I wish there was a "transparent forward" option. Now that you know what you need to do, couldn't you script it? Remember to prompt for the forwarding address.
sukh Posted June 29, 2012 Posted June 29, 2012 That would work for people within the school but this is really external emails. I wish there was a "transparent forward" option. Which Version of Exch? Have you tried creating a forward on the mailbox, only issue is, it will be for all email addressed for that mailbox.
PiqueABoo Posted June 29, 2012 Posted June 29, 2012 (edited) Pragmatically I think this is over the Tech-Fix-For-Social-Issue line: Forwarding is forwarding and those staff need to know how to handle replying to those the same as everyone else does. Perhaps there's a product/solution out there, but tech-wise I can't think of anything simple offhand... you could for instance give someone a special send-as address they use specifically for this kind of forwarding and it might be possible to make a transport agent that acts on forwarded mail from that specific address, gropes around in the message to get the original sender and either puts that in the From or Reply-To. Might.. and a transport agent means writing real potentially destructive (of all your mail flow) code for min. Exchange 2007 though. Edited June 29, 2012 by PiqueABoo
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now