Quackers Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 I noticed on the Mac Websites store, it says "If you are a student, teacher, lecturer, administrator or other staff member in education you qualify for special discounted pricing on Apple computers, software and select third party products" I intend to get a Mac Book Air early July, and selecting i work at a school knocks off £80. Has anybody used that discount in an Apple Store, and if so what proof did they accept that you worked in a School? Would i need a Pay Slip? or Copy of my contract?
GrumbleDook Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 Pay slip, work PhotoID, letter from school ... a range of things really.
X-13 Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 Has anybody used that discount in an Apple Store, and if so what proof did they accept that you worked in a School? Would i need a Pay Slip? or Copy of my contract? If I remember correctly, a teacher here has used that. They told me about it a while ago, before they found out I'm not a mac user. If you want, I can ask them what proof they needed to submit.
GrumbleDook Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 Full details of the Edu Discount in the UK can be found here. Sales Policies - Apple Store (UK)
soveryapt Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 I had to submit a copy of my payslip and then id for myself to show I was who I said I was (not that ordering over the phone really proves that but it was my driving license) .. this was when I got my MacBook Pro a few years back ..
pete Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 Just check that it really is cheaper after Educational Discount - last years MBPs were cheaper via Amazon / physical electronics retailer for a standard spec model even taking educational discount (basic "school" discount) into consideration.
Sylv3r Posted June 25, 2012 Posted June 25, 2012 I've just ordered a Macbook air via this very method and I wasn't asked to provide any ID or reference to working in education, other than I used my school .sch.uk e-mail address - I wonder if this automatically went through because of it.
bizwizz Posted June 29, 2012 Posted June 29, 2012 I've found that they're very lenient on checking up. My daughter is a student so we always use the discount but have only had to prove it a handful of tines.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now