synaesthesia Posted June 22, 2012 Posted June 22, 2012 We have access to a batch of Dell Latitude D810/410 laptops in unknown condition (quite likely good though) Slightly older machines but would anyone be interested in these? Thinking they may be of use to nursery/foundation level.
synaesthesia Posted June 22, 2012 Author Posted June 22, 2012 These will be free to a good home - I suspect preference will be for northants schools however, let me check that first.
synaesthesia Posted June 22, 2012 Author Posted June 22, 2012 (edited) There is no preference as long as they will be put to good use, so if you're interested drop me a PM with your email address and I'll sort some information out. Edited June 22, 2012 by synaesthesia 1
mac_shinobi Posted June 22, 2012 Posted June 22, 2012 PM Sent, assuming I am ok to have a couple that are reasonably specced - would like to setup a small test network ( one server / one client ) so I can get my hands "Dirty" so to speak with Server OS / GPO's etc etc Thanks
synaesthesia Posted June 22, 2012 Author Posted June 22, 2012 Will keep you in mind however as with just about anything from here it'll be preference to schools. Unless told otherwise though I will bear in mind private use if there's no educational interest and they'd otherwise be sent for recycling. 1
3s-gtech Posted June 22, 2012 Posted June 22, 2012 (edited) Roughly, they'll be Pentium M/915 chipset with DDR2 RAM. From experience, usually PATA HDD. D810 seemed to come with dedicated videos cards on some models. Nice machines for XP use. Edited June 22, 2012 by synaesthesia
synaesthesia Posted June 22, 2012 Author Posted June 22, 2012 Dammit, I've got to stop pressing edit instead of reply. Anyway, As above. They'll be coming to us soon. They used to be marketed as Centrino so decent Pentium M's with intel wireless.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now