BKGarry Posted June 6, 2007 Posted June 6, 2007 Since putting my input into a printer connection discussion I was wondering what type of scripts does everyone use/prefer and what they use them for. I.E. i use Kixtart to edit registery, Batch to copy files and map network drives and VB for printer at the moment. Jsut wondering if everyone uses different scripts for different things or whether people use one large UberScript. Or even if people still split the scripts through GPO for staff or students?
Diello Posted June 6, 2007 Posted June 6, 2007 Almost everything VBS at the moment - and yes, different GPO splits. Some batch still roaming around for file copies, got rid of Kix couple of years ago. Testing out moving everything to PowerShell slowly but surely now though.
BKGarry Posted June 7, 2007 Author Posted June 7, 2007 Hmmm, Interesting how we change our scripting methods with the times, i still use batch on items for to reasons 1- I am really confident in using, writing, and modifying them 2- I Just dont seem to have the time at the moment to learn something else. Might take a look at PowerShell since it seems to be the way forward Gaz
Halfmad Posted June 25, 2007 Posted June 25, 2007 I use a mixture of VB and batch files. My VB skills are very limited, hoping to improve these over the summer but as I've been writing batch files for so long I tend to rely on these. VB is capable of so much more though and it's neat and tidy. I did setup Kix on another schools network and the network manager there swears by it but to me it's just adding more software that could go wrong. I'd rather use what we have than continually add layers to it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now