mirojr Posted May 21, 2012 Posted May 21, 2012 Hi Have been having issues with multimedia esp flash over RDP. I was just about having a panic attack as i had just bought a new server etc, and I tried lots of things before I found out that I needed a helping hand from certain technologies that accelerate Flash performance. I currently have hyper-v on a server with RDP session host as a role also. I have some thinclients that cannot run Remote FX through a browser so that solution went out the window. So next one I have been trying has been citrix vdi-in-a-box which has managed to perform well. Flash and audio seem to be performing fine. My question is regarding other technologies/solutions. I am wondering whether XenDesktop is better to use, does it sit directly on hyper-v, is it more expensive? I am also wondering whether Xenserver is woth looking at? Is this like a full bare metal hypervisor? Wonder which is better solution really. I am also looking to speak to some guys called ericom who have there own little RDP client, which might just be the easiest solution to this Flash issue. And i am unsure about another technology that is linked to wyse OS, its called TCX thats meant to sort out this issue. What do you lot reckon? Thanks
Axel Posted May 22, 2012 Posted May 22, 2012 ...the problem is - as you stack up the technologies, the costs and support implications rise - you may well end up spending more money on this solution than deploying standard W7 PCs, which we all know run multi-media perfectly, and are as future-proof as you can get....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now