enjay Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 Anyone know of a way to deploy iTunes across the network? We'd like it on some of our computers, but I don't fancy running local installs on them all.
enjay Posted May 18, 2012 Author Posted May 18, 2012 Ignore that - I've found it! Tried slightly different search terms in Google and got there...
ste1988 Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 I installed on a few locally, but did manage to setup just a single shared library, so all staff can add music to just one location. Pretty good, beats any other of the players for managing music.
enjay Posted May 18, 2012 Author Posted May 18, 2012 Not actually trying to manage music (and risks of illegal copies would put me off going down that road, too); this is about a) iTunes-U and b) syncing the Bursar's corporate iPhone (no choice over that, he came with it and won't give it up).
soveryapt Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 Ignore that - I've found it! Tried slightly different search terms in Google and got there... Care to share? I'm moving to a deployed software method instead of a bloat image method this summer (fingers crossed) and iTunes is something we need across site for iPad management and what not.
enjay Posted May 18, 2012 Author Posted May 18, 2012 (edited) http://help.apple.com/iosdeployment-itunes/?lang=en#app3cc9f31f You need QuickTime and Apple Application Support on first. QuickTime needs a bit of per-user config if you want to disable auto-update, etc, but someone recently posted instructions for that on RM Communities, so I'm working through those now... Edited May 18, 2012 by enjay 1
nicholab Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 You can use 7-zip to extract the msi's from the installer. You do end up with 4 MSI's! for 32 bit and 64bit! 1
mavhc Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 It's a pain, you have to fix the MSI languages every updates. Now iOS 5 is out I haven't bothered, do pretty much everything on the devices.
enjay Posted May 18, 2012 Author Posted May 18, 2012 It's a pain, you have to fix the MSI languages every updates. Not planning on updating it all that often. Now iOS 5 is out I haven't bothered, do pretty much everything on the devices. The Bursar wants it so that he can sync and backup his phone. Hang on - isn't it doing that to the cloud already though?
TimJing Posted July 24, 2012 Posted July 24, 2012 This is what I use for iTunes 10.6 rem Install msiexec /i"\\servername\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi" /quiet /norestart msiexec /i"\\servername\AppleApplicationSupport.msi" /quiet /norestart msiexec /i"\\servername\Bonjour.msi" /quiet /passive msiexec /i"\\fservername\iTunes.msi" DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0 SCHEDULE_ASUW=0 REENABLEAUTORUN=0 OUTLOOK_LOAD_BEHAVIOR=0 DONT_AUTO_SYNC_IPODS=1 /passive /norestart regedit /s "\\servername\update.reg" This is whats in the reg file: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes\Parental Controls\Default] "AdminFlags"=dword:00000101
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now