FN-GM Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 For those who signed up there is a x64 one up there now.
BeamingFuture Posted April 23, 2012 Posted April 23, 2012 Great that you have created a package for VLC 2+. I am dying to try it out. Sending a PM now!
Wareho Posted April 24, 2012 Posted April 24, 2012 BTW did you manage to remove auto update from the msi?
Edu-IT Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 BTW did you manage to remove auto update from the msi? Is this disabled?
FN-GM Posted April 25, 2012 Author Posted April 25, 2012 Is this disabled? Its not no, not looked into it. 1
Wareho Posted April 26, 2012 Posted April 26, 2012 TY for the work on the MSI. Works perfect. But I need to find a way to remove the auto update function. Dont like the idea of having hundreds of computers polling for updates all the time. Regards /Mats
BeamingFuture Posted April 26, 2012 Posted April 26, 2012 Hello! The package works perfekt when installing on a Windows 7 machine and being administrator. But we have problem with this package when trying to push it out using Active Directory, it gives error during install. Have anybody succeeded with this? /Anders
Stormwolf Posted May 3, 2012 Posted May 3, 2012 I wanted to PM for a copy but I need to make 2 post before I can PM anyone on this board 1
mikecain Posted May 14, 2012 Posted May 14, 2012 hi just wondered if anybody has got an msi package that they wouldnt mind sharing with me, been struggling with a power dvd package for a while now, and i am sick of it. VLC Seems great and i would really love an msi to have a ply with here. cheers in advance mike
ricki Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 HI I used this script to deploy vlc 2 and ran it as a start up script on the machines if not exist "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" (goto instsp) else (goto End) :instsp "\\servername\path\vlc\vlc2.01\vlc-2.0.1-win32.exe" /L=1033 /S :End Endlocal
FN-GM Posted May 15, 2012 Author Posted May 15, 2012 HI I used this script to deploy vlc 2 and ran it as a start up script on the machines if not exist "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" (goto instsp) else (goto End) :instsp "\\servername\path\vlc\vlc2.01\vlc-2.0.1-win32.exe" /L=1033 /S :End Endlocal What happens if you have an older version installed?
Maxell Posted May 25, 2012 Posted May 25, 2012 Hi FN-GM, I have tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I would love a copy of the MSI if possible please... Thanks in advance.
ricki Posted May 25, 2012 Posted May 25, 2012 HI It does nothing. I have the old version deployed by msi and I unlink the old policy and it removes the old version and then link the new policy. Richard
lestat Posted June 26, 2012 Posted June 26, 2012 Is the msi a default install or have you customized it thanks
annlauren Posted July 3, 2012 Posted July 3, 2012 I'm interested im new here and can't send you a PM Hi, If anyone is interested i have made a MSI installer for VLC 2.0. If you are PM your e-mail and i will send a copy. Thanks
FN-GM Posted July 3, 2012 Author Posted July 3, 2012 Make a couple of posts you should be able to then
ItMerkaz Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Hi, is there a way to use the vlc--win32.exe /L=1033 /S and remove the auto update ? I also use a registry key to disable capturing of .wmv, is there a way to add it to the command line ? Thanks
Edu-IT Posted August 2, 2012 Posted August 2, 2012 does /L=1033 remove the auto update? L is the language code I think?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now