bodminman Posted March 3, 2012 Posted March 3, 2012 Hi there, I need to install this using a startup script/batch file but don't want it to install every time the machine is rebooted. Is there I way I can make this happen? I thought about getting the script/batch file to create a file at the root of C: and then when the machine restarts it can see that this file exists so will not attempt the install again! Does this make sense? If it does could someone please let me know how this could be done. It's server 2008 with XP clients. Thanks again!
FN-GM Posted March 3, 2012 Posted March 3, 2012 I do this all the time if exist "C:\file.txt" goto :eof ELSE echo .net 4 installed on %Date% %TIME%>C:\file.txt 1
sted Posted March 3, 2012 Posted March 3, 2012 i use a registry check setlocal reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full" if NOT %errorlevel%==1 (goto end) "\\server\packages$\ms msi\dotnet4full\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe" /passive /norestart /showfinalerror :End 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now