sister_annex Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 (edited) Only noticed this this morning so not sure if it just our connection but Edugeek seems to 'hang' for some time while waiting for any sub domain of cdngeek.net (so far seen it with statice and staticf) Like is say it may be something particular with our connection but if not thought I would make you aware. Thanks Edited March 29, 2012 by ZeroHour
newpersn Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 on and off being slow for me... Not unless SWGFL are playing up again.
X-13 Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 I get this problem from home all the time. [And not just here.] It's usually a css/image server... [i connected to another site's server and had a shufty.]
elsiegee40 Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 First thing, it took an age to get into edugeek (I go direct to the User CP)... so long that I opened another tab and did something else. It then took an age to load "New posts"... I went back to my other tab and gave up. I closed the browser and re-opened it, but it made no difference. Other websites were fine. Everything's back to it's usual speed for me now though.
sister_annex Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 Yeah I agree, seems to be OK now, probably just that someone hadn't fed the monkey running the CSS/content server
ZeroHour Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 Still having issues? I am going through batches of servers logs for spikes so if you can give me times that would help. cdngeek.net is a domain we use to server static content like images etc from. Its whats known as a cookie-less domain which can boost loading times (or thats the idea ) Currently it routes to the same kit edugeek is on and that domain has no php to process so tbh it should load faster then edugeek.net. I have a suspicion of the cause but I am just testing now although currently I have no issues with load speed here (ADSL)
elsiegee40 Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 It would have been about 8:30am that I was struggling.
sister_annex Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 same as @elsiegee40 around 8:00 - 8:30 seemed to be OK after that although still getting the odd hang every now and then (this may very well be our inet connection in school though - peak usage)
ZeroHour Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 (edited) I think I have found the problem. DNS update has been pushed out and old records expire after 2 hours so you should all naturally get the dns change. If you wont to push it you can run cmd.exe as admin then enter "ipconfig /flushdns". Edit: I have just changed the addresses which cures the problem instantly. Edited March 1, 2012 by ZeroHour 1
X-13 Posted March 3, 2012 Posted March 3, 2012 Everything been loading fine today? Nope. But I'm guessing it's my crappy WiFi access point.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now