rphox2003 Posted February 26, 2012 Posted February 26, 2012 I created a template over a year ago that I have been using without problem - until now. One of my styles is a numbered list that I use to write steps in a procedure. (I'm a technical writer.) Until today everything was fine. Now when I begin a new section and select the style for steps, instead of starting at number 1, the numbering continues from the previous list - even if it is in a different chapter. If I right-click the para and select Restart at 1, the indentation decreases for that paragraph only! The next para (step 2) is indented at the style's defined point. Further, I've noticed that when I access the style definitions, the numbering library has nothing selected. And every time I select a number style, Word refuses to save it. That is, I save it but if I go right back into the style, there is no numbering selected. Any help?
mobisallen Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 Try ending the section after each chapter by section end option and then start the new chapter, i hope it will solve the problem, if it still persists send me the template i will check it and hope to solve the problem for you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now