neilmc Posted February 24, 2012 Posted February 24, 2012 We have a sharepoint site in school and I am trying to create the curriculum area, I was the layout of the pages to be exactly the same, so I want to create a page and then save it as a pay layout although i can't seem to do this. Bassically I want my pages to have 2 columns first one will be a content edit part, and the 2nd will have 2 web parts in one a document library the other a content editor, save the layout and then apply it to other pages. Has anyone got any documentation I could steel from them? Thanks
robmal Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 Hi I did this fairly easily - Create a subject sub-site exactly as you want it with all the webparts you need etc and then clone it in another place in you site directory changing its name to whatever subject you want it to be. Use Site Action > Manage Content and Stucture. Right clicking on a site allows you to copy it and place it somewhere else. The trick is to get that first site built up exactly right before you copy it - or you will be messing around making loads of manual changes for ever and a day! Cheers Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now