ChrisH Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 I am just delving into PaperCut scripting as I want to do the following. Automatically charge departments for printing at certain times eg Period 1 charge IT, Period 2 charge Tech. These would be for timetabled lessons. Then I will make bookable periods so the jobs are held and the Teacher will have to use the print release station and that is charged to that particular department. Looking at the sample scripts I don't see any problems writing the script although I can see the working out of the periods becoming very cumbersome with a lot of IF/Case statements etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples already that might be done in a fairly neat and compact way, other than the way I have formulated in my head already. Cheers ChrisH
Edu-IT Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 I am just delving into PaperCut scripting as I want to do the following. Automatically charge departments for printing at certain times eg Period 1 charge IT, Period 2 charge Tech. These would be for timetabled lessons. Then I will make bookable periods so the jobs are held and the Teacher will have to use the print release station and that is charged to that particular department. Looking at the sample scripts I don't see any problems writing the script although I can see the working out of the periods becoming very cumbersome with a lot of IF/Case statements etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples already that might be done in a fairly neat and compact way, other than the way I have formulated in my head already. Cheers ChrisH The only issue I can see is what if the timetable changes spare of the moment? Would using the print release station just not make it a whole lot easier and quicker? You can bulk release from what I recall.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now