pooley Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 Im looking for a simple "live cd" that I can run on an old pc that my computer club has dismantled and put back together on a board. We want to show the pc running "something" any suggestions?
pooley Posted February 5, 2012 Author Posted February 5, 2012 Would like it to boot to a slideshow or thinking about it could I get a live cd to boot to a website? I could boot to an url of soe photo's or?
mdench Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 not sure bout a power point but you should be able to link to a website
featured_spectre Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 knoppix or ubuntu live CD. Both work great, whilst ubuntu is more popular, knoppix live cd seems to be better for demo's from experience.
X-13 Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 Would like it to boot to a slideshow or thinking about it could I get a live cd to boot to a website? I could boot to an url of soe photo's or? +1 for Ubuntu Live. Use Open Office to run a slideshow locally, or Opera in kiosk mode to run in a web browser. [Kiosk mode so people can't fiddle with it.]
tumbleweed Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 You can get a trial of Webconverger - the opensource Web Kiosk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now