Gongalong Posted February 6, 2012 Author Posted February 6, 2012 Nothing in DNS this morning from the student PCs, so I will try disabling the firewalls next.
ArchersIT Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 Any helpful messages in erorr logs? On the client or the server? Forcing it with ipconfig/registerdns should give you some entries if there is a failure. I would not have expected you to need to disable the firewalls. Jonathan
Gongalong Posted February 6, 2012 Author Posted February 6, 2012 I'm about to leave now, but it doesn't appear that turning off the firewalls has helped. Tomorrow I'll uninstall Ranger from the test client we have and see if I can diagnose a bit more e.g. at least be able to see event viewer.
Gongalong Posted February 8, 2012 Author Posted February 8, 2012 Problem at least partly resolved it seems. The DHCP server didn't have any credentials to populate DNS (under the IPv4 properties go to the Advanced page, and select Credentials). Since changing this a handful of addresses appeared within a couple of minutes. I'll check again tomorrow (the DHCP lease is set to 1 day).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now