Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have dumped Visionsoft's PatchIT. Bad support, not reporting the correct info on clients, [ sometimes refusing to connect to clients ] - anyway - just DLed and installed WSUS - last time I did my updates with MS I had SUS - this is different !!

WSUS has done its Sync, its now DLing the approved patches etc, I have created a computer group and changed the GP settings etc and I can see PCs etc etc.

My quick question is [ in my haste I did a select all on the updates forgetting I had some PCs that have not got IE7 installed yet ] un-check a update which you have already approved ? [ In otherwords IE7 !!??? ]

Posted

Quick question back...

 

Are you using WSUS 2 or 3? [the format of them is a little different thats why i ask]

 

In either case though, you can look at the updates list and change the view to show approved updates and find it near the bottom of the list [if it is alphabetical].

 

You can then click / right click on it to change the approval.

 

I've only just install version 3 so I'm still working out the layout etc.

 

Cheers

Nath

Posted

Version 3 - just checking the documentation and its on page 32 :-)

Thanks.

 

Its still downloading 2 gigs worth of stuff at the moment..... YAWN.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...