AceDaz Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 Hi Not sure if this is the right section, please feel free to move. I have been asked to install the XP Powertoy Image Resizer onto the PCs for the Pupils and Staff to use, but I cannot find any info about installing it over Group Policy. Has anyone managed to do it? Is it easy? Is it a User or PC issue? and more importantly - Does it work? Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks
mac_shinobi Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 (edited) Download the exe for image resizer you will need a utility to convert the exe to an msi ( something like --> Exe to MSI Converter ) Might want to test the above util - as not sure if that will do what you need it to. Then you can use Group Policy to push out the MSI to the relevant computers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816102 http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/tutorial-gpo.html Also advanced installer has a free download ( if I re call correctly allows you to convert an exe to msi ) Edited January 5, 2012 by mac_shinobi
AceDaz Posted January 5, 2012 Author Posted January 5, 2012 Thanks Will this update their profiles as well? Or do I need to update the mandatory profile?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now