Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anybody come across this software and manage to roll it out to a Windows 7 network.

 

Everytime we have tried it has failed, I think its up to around version 18 now has anybody found the newer release to be any better?

 

Installing the software manually takes around 45 mins per PC due to the number of small sample files and to install onto the PC's in our music suite is going to take a while!

 

Thanks

 

Andrew

Posted
Not a hope in hell of getting anything Prior to 16 working on W7 I'm afraid...it just won't do it. Even had some of the magix people on the phone (and dialled in) for the better part of 6 hours doing a full install from start to finish and they were stumped
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Thats probably what I expected and wanted to hear before I started bothering.

 

Did you get 16+ working in the end or did you just bin it? I guess when the Head of Music told me about this bargain £10 per copy software I now know why!

Posted

Ran it locally on each machine in the music dept, and kept the music machines on an entirely separate ring (no internet connection, all machines set with deep freeze, USB allowed to give the work to the teacher / save the work).

 

That worked pretty well :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...