Gongalong Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Hi folks, I'm trying to convert a physical 2003 SP2 server to virtual with the Hyper-V agent. It gets 99% of the way there, and then I get the following error: VMM could not locate the specified file on the server. This file might be required as part of another object. Ensure that you have specified a valid path parameter, and that all necessary files are present. Try the operation again. ID: 2903 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002) A google suggests that this is Dell server management software, which I have uninstalled. I have also uninstalled every other unnecessary piece of software on this server, and applied everything in Windows Update (and rebooted), but I still get the same error when I try the P2V conversion. By chance, any idea on what this could be? TIA
jamesfed Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Are you running and online or offline conversion? Also by Hyper-V agent are you using the Disk2VHD tool or the one included as part of System Centre Virtual Machine Manager? 1
Gongalong Posted November 30, 2011 Author Posted November 30, 2011 Are you running and online or offline conversion? Good question. The server is currently running, so would that mean online? Also by Hyper-V agent are you using the Disk2VHD tool or the one included as part of System Centre Virtual Machine Manager? The SCVMM > Convert Physical Server tool. I've just checked Event Viewer following another reboot and the server is showing some problems with software, but I'm not 100% clear whether this is part of the database software I'm trying to migrate (this is Harcourt/Pearson language database software that's fairly ancient, and likely to be very difficult to migrate to a new server, hence the P2V conversion).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now