Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

 

A basic question, but how can I tell how much disk space is free on a SAN accessed by two Hyper-V hosts? (it's a system I've inherited. I'm fairly familiar with Hyper-V now, but having not set it up I have no clue about the SAN...)

 

In the root of each host is a folder called C:\ClusterStorage which appears to be a link to the SAN, but there's no way that I can see to query the space.

 

I've also checked Computer Administrator, and there's no attached storage there like, for example, the DPM server.

 

Can anyone advise?

 

Also, out of interest, the two hosts have around 2-3GB free from a 60GB drive. Not sure if that's something to worry about.

 

TIA

Posted
Sounds like you're using a failover cluster. To view the storage space left use the failover cluster manager and look under storage.
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Perfect! Thank you, that works.

 

Out of curiosity, is there any other way to access the space on these, other than from the FCM?

 

Edit: Also, there are two folders within that, OS and Data. VHDs seem to be in both, whether by intent or not. Is there supposed to be some logic here?

Edited by Gongalong
  • 1 month later...
Posted
If the virtual servers have two drives installed then its just probably to separate them for later reference, for example the VHD that has the OS install will be in the OS folder, and the other VHD that is connected to the virtual server will be in the data folder. It should go C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1\ and then the OS and Data folders.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...