Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I *may* have landed myself a nice little job developing a CMS for somebody, however I've not done it before so was looking for some pointers from those of you that have.

 

Based on what I've read here, I've set my initial fee at £200 for a CMS with up to 5 pages, with each additional page costing £20. I was thinking about a £25 flat rate for any changes in design after the initial setup (thought about giving a 1 week "cooling off" period where I'd do things like that for free - good idea?)

 

Hosting will be provided by a reputable host; I'll recommend three (they'll want that for their VFM forms) and arrange for them to pay the host directly and pass on the login details to me.

 

So far so good?

 

Also, I was wondering if anybody could share any insight as to obstacles I may not have thought of?

 

Is there a kind of generic service contract out there I can use as a basis to draw up my own contract?

 

Appreciate any and all help! :)

Posted (edited)

Done it before, got £500 for my troubles but omg what a ballache.

 

Make sure you get them to send you all info needed before you start; text content, hi-res videos and images, etc etc. That way you can look at all of the content before deciding on an appropriate layout and formatting.

 

Other than the actual content you will need images for banners, icons, way of linking in google maps? (if they already have a gmail account even better), colour scheme, do they like minimalistic or fussy?, do they have a particular font they use for banners etc

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...