Guest Guest Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 Been given 2 of these, anyone heard of them as I haven't LevelOne ProCon GSW-4876 Web Smart Switch Switch - 48 ports - Managed Are they any good or should I be binning them? Thanks
Smee Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 We had levelone's a few years back but replaced them with HPs. think they were supplied by our LEA to all primarys in this area back in the day. All I remember of them is that they were really heavy!! not much help I know.
Oaktech Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 they look a bit jack of all trades and master of none as a company... a lot of the products, particularly the wireless and cameras look like they have just been bought out of a chinese manufacturers catalogue and branded. But hey, i love edimax products... so what do i know!
dgsmith Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 anyone heard of them as I haven't Yes. Are they any good No. or should I be binning them? Yes. In a nutshell
Guest Guest Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 Well I told them to get rid as apparently they were £800 each (which I don't believe), where as HP ones are £750
dgsmith Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 Well, if you have nothing or are utterly desperate they'll provide the means to operate a functional network (for a time, at least). I believe they are closely related, if not the same brand, as Planet, which fortunately we only have a handful of left. I compare LevelOne to having a 3 wheeled Reliant car - hardly anyone has them now and anything is better than it, but it'll get you through if there is nothing else. From our experience at least (of LevelOne/Planet)!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now