Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm currently deploying OCS NG in order to inventory our machines and I can't seem to get it to deploy as a service via GPO.

 

Has anyone else had success with this? If so, can you provide some insight into what I should be doing?

 

Cheers

Posted

Right, it now deploys properly - after creating a package with the correct cacert.pem file. The problem I have now is that the service doesn't seem to be doing anything. My 'service.ini' file has the following:

 

Miscellaneous= /server:xxx.xxxxxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx /S /NP /DEBUG

PROLOG_FREQ=24

OLD_PROLOG_FREQ=24

TTO_WAIT=7440

 

Yet it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Posted

I just run it as a logon script from a gpo using

 

\\unc_to_exe\OcsAgentSetup.exe

 

and:

 

/server:ocs_server_ip /S in the parameters section.

 

Ben

Posted
But doing it that way means you can't use it to deploy anything via the OCSreports interface due to there not being the cacert file included, doesn't it? The packaging method does allow this.
Posted

It doesn't inventory immediately as you've just found either.

 

I had the same issue when I tried various ways of pushing it out.

 

To be honest I doubt I'd ever use it to deploy anything.

 

Ben

Posted

Ah, it is nice when you have a nice fully working system. GLPI and OCS NG working together in harmony.

 

There are a few things the dev's of both projects could improve though. GLPI needs a feature which allows you to group software together, so instead of each component of Office 2007 being listed, they can be combined as a package within GLPI. As it stands, managing licenses through it wouldn't be a simple case of looking at the lists.

Posted

Yup it is nice.

 

I'm using the 2 as well.

 

Nice to use glpi to track cartridge installs in my printers.

 

You running them on doze or nix?

 

Ben

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...