Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to follow this guide....

 

Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Auditing Step-by-Step Guide

 

I have got to step 2.

Set up auditing in object SACLs.

 

It says:

 

To set up auditing in object SACLs

 

1.

Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.

 

2.

Right-click the organizational unit (OU) (or any object) for which you want to enable auditing, and then click Properties.

 

3.

Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Auditing tab.

 

 

However I only have the following tabs:

 

General

Managed By

&

COM+

 

I must be doing something wrong but can't work out what :(

 

Please help...

Posted
just a warning with auditing you will end up with a log file so big you wont be able to find anything useful in my experience
Posted

Why should it be so big?

 

I only want to audit Directory Service Changes ?

 

I've done everything now on the MS link above - but when I change a test users details I cannot see a relevant entry in event viewer :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...