chazzy2501 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Does anyone know how I extract the MSI from the .exe and has anyone written an mst or know what to modify in orca to allow a silent unattended deploy, that wont install the google toolbar and will not enable auto updates? I also here about an admin having to login before it'll work? cheers...
plexer Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 run the installer then look in your temp folder for the msi. Ben
6Foot2 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I used 7Zip to open the EXE and extract the MSI from there. It worked a treat! [No admin logon first to make it work just deploy through Group Policy]
DAZZD88 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I used 7Zip to open the EXE and extract the MSI from there. It worked a treat! [No admin logon first to make it work just deploy through Group Policy] We did this too. Edited the MSI with ORCA to stop it from installing the Google Toolbar. Literally just deployed this 10 mins ago.
localzuk Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I have it deploying via GPO here also, along with a small script which creates the all users application data folders per the below post, as it has been reported that sometimes it can cause issues: Deploy Google Sketchup 8 2
sted Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I seem to remember using orca to removel all languages but 1033
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now