JoeBloggs Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 Got an issue where a member of staff has sent an e-mail to another member of staff and its being delivered constantly like its stuck in a loop... Anyone know why, it happened and how I can stop it?
stebo730 Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 Have you checked to see if they have any Rules or Auto responsed set on their email account?
6Foot2 Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 We have recently seen a problem with multiple mail delivery. We have had some staff getting E-Mail from around a year ago. RM and our LEA are investigating.
Michael Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 This is a bit strange I have to say. Are you using Exchange? And are you all up-to-date? I presume temporarily disabling the account will stop new e-mails being sent? The other possibility is some form of malware or that the account hasn't been hijacked in some way? I would reset the password immediately.
JoeBloggs Posted September 30, 2011 Author Posted September 30, 2011 No Auto responders or rulers. Yes it is Exchange 2003, fully up-to-date. I have disabled and re-enabled his account now, see if that has any effect!
bertster Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 I had the same problem with outlook, but is was with a pst file rather than Exchange. Users pst had grown to over 2GB so outlook was unable to automatically move the sent email from the outbox after sending, therefore it remained in the outbox and was periodically re-sent. Compacting outlook pst allowed me to delete old emails and brought the pst size down, which cured the problem. Dont know if exchange has a size limit or not. Can you manually delete the email?
bio Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 perhaps this thread will help: Outlook/Exchange RE-sending really old messages bio..
JoeBloggs Posted September 30, 2011 Author Posted September 30, 2011 The user sent the e-mail from his iPhone which connects via exchange
sukh Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 1. Disable active sync for this user who set the message. 2. Check the Outbo in case the message is sitting in there whichcan cause a loop. 3. Close Outlook and check via OWA to see if the message is being sent. 4. I have seen some issue with Iphone and duplictae emails
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now