CHR1S Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 My thumb on my right hand is suffering, my mouse hand. I need to find a mouse that is thumb friendly as I grip my bog standard intelimouse all wrong, its too small and I stabilise it with my thumb, putting too much pressure on my joint. Any one use a good rsi friendly mouse? Thanks Chris
pscott Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 Evoluent VerticalMouse is brilliant for me, bloody expensive though! 1
X-13 Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 I'm using a Kensington Orbit optical trackball. 1
dave.81 Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 I've always like the Logitech Ergo Mice, never had thumb pain although my little finger is causing me pain at the moment. Think i might invest in gel pad see if that helps. 1
Gerry Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 You might want to try one of these: Welcome to the Home of Cyborg Gaming I know they're gaming mice, but they're very adjustable. 1
CHR1S Posted September 26, 2011 Author Posted September 26, 2011 You might want to try one of these: Welcome to the Home of Cyborg Gaming I know they're gaming mice, but they're very adjustable. I would rather it look like a traditional mouse, bit OTT for me
X-13 Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 You might want to try one of these: Welcome to the Home of Cyborg Gaming I know they're gaming mice, but they're very adjustable. Dear God... The level of want I'm experiencing is TOO DAMN HIGH! Shame the ad on the main page blocks the product dropdown box.
tommej Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 The logitech MX 518 or G400 are bigger than usual mice and are comfy to use for long periods, plus the 518 has just been discontinued so should should be able to pick one up for under £30 1
denon101 Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 Evoluent VerticalMouse is brilliant for me, bloody expensive though! We have one of those here, it's now no use. The teacher that needed it had retired. Damn right they are expensive, think it cost about £100. God damn H&S!!
lindylou Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 Evoluent VerticalMouse is brilliant for me, bloody expensive though! I agree - my RSI was all along my lower arm, into the elbow and it became painful to try and pick up anything. My caring employer (!) did the decent thing and got me one of these which solved the pain after a while. You don't use your thumb really, only to grip enough to move the mouse. If you are able to get an H&S workstation assessment, do so. The assessor can spot where the position of your arms/hands will be causing the trouble and be able to suggest the best kit to help you. I know cost will be an issue, but what price your health and future work capabilities? RSI is miserable to live with.
CHR1S Posted September 26, 2011 Author Posted September 26, 2011 If you are able to get an H&S workstation assessment, do so. The assessor can spot where the position of your arms/hands will be causing the trouble and be able to suggest the best kit to help you. I know cost will be an issue, but what price your health and future work capabilities? RSI is miserable to live with. hahahahaha, yeh! I sit where there is space, an office, a staffroom chair. I don't have a workstation, I don't have a decent chair, desk or anything! This could get interesting.
enjay Posted September 26, 2011 Posted September 26, 2011 Evoluent VerticalMouse is brilliant for me, bloody expensive though! Amazon have a Ceratech version of that for 1/4 of the price... can't comment on them personally though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now