MYK-IT Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 I have been asked to source a laptop (along with appropriate software) to be used by a student with Dyslexia within lessons. The criteria I have been given is: - portable/laptop - voice recognition - mind mapping software So far I have: - Sourced a suitable laptop - Sourced Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Premium Education Edition We currently have OpenMind, and as I don't know how Dragon NaturallySpeaking will integrate with this (or other) application I am not sure what else there is on the market. I would appreciate feedback from others who currently have similar scenarios. Many thanks,
Flakes Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 VRR - Virtual reading Ruler - basically puts a colour band accross the screen which is meant to help dyslexia students read paragraphs.
elsiegee40 Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 Our SENCO suggests screen tinter for the dyslexics. Better still, it's free!
ConTheITGuy Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 We got Dragon for some of our students. However, we're a bit stumped as to how they "train" the software. They're supposed to read a passage. They can't read or write (not very well anyway)!
pickman Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 We use dragon as well. Really good but the training can cause issues. The latest version does have some really simple reading exercises on it also on intial set up we have a TA act as a prompt with the right headset they should not be picked up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now