Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Cannot install 32bit Exchange Management tools for Exchange 2007 SP1


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I am having a few issues whilst trying to install 32bit Management tools for Exchange 2007 on my works machine.

I am running SP1 for Windows 7, and am in an OU with some policies applied to it for basic configuration.

I cannot for the life of me get the exchange management tools to install, since it keeps saying I need Administrator privileges on the machine to install.

 

I am a member of Domain Admins.

 

I have done the following:

  • Logged on as local administrator - install fails since it cannot "see active directory"
  • Used Group Policy to add Domain Admins to the local administrators group. I can check this has applied, and is fine.
  • Set "install with elevated privilages" on both the user(s) and machines concerned, but still no joy.

 

I can only assume that there is some other problem or GPO blocking it, as I have built a new VM with Windows 7 on the domain but in an OU free of any GPO's, and it has worked fine. The user logging on here is also in the "GPO free OU".

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks,

Mark

Posted
Right clicking on the setup.exe and clicking "run as administrtor" Otherwise it may not switched context to unisolated admin mode especially if you have disabled UAC for some reason.
Posted
well you know it's some GPO (domain or local) which is stopping this, check out any restrictec groups and go through your GPO's to pinpoint
Posted
UAC was disabled/off, and run as administrator worked fine. I guess win7 kind of has extra protection added in forextra security

 

You see if you had let UAC on it probably would have just prompted you to elevate and then it would have just worked out of the box.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...