Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have two WD VelociRaptor of the following specification for anyone who wants them-

1x SATA 1.5G 150GB 3.5” VelociRaptor 10,000rpm - £30

1x SATA II 3G 150GB 3.5” VelociRaptor 10,000rpm - £40

 

Both drives are in good condition and have been used in RAID0 for about 2 years with no issues.

 

£5 postage to anywhere in the UK (recorded) per drive however if you would like both then I’ll wave the postage (so £70 total).

 

Basically selling them now as 300GB is no longer enough storage for me so I am switching on up to the 600GB version - if only SSDs were as cheap!

 

If you need a SATA cable then just let me know and I can throw them in.

As usual more happy to deal with a fellow edugeek than someone on eBay :)

 

Any questions just PM me or post them here,

James

Posted
Seagate are releasing their Momentus XT 2 drives soon.

 

According to the rumours there might be two models: 7,200rpm with 12-16GB NAND and 10,000 rpm with 16 GB of NAND. :)

 

Would be the perfect reason to put my new 500GB one in my media centre PC (at least when I build it) and to get one of the Gen 2 drives :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...