Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got Server 2008 R2 running on a single disk HP Dl120 G6 server. Apparently this server has basic RAID abilities (i.e 10) which I see can be enabled in the bios.

 

I added a second drive, enabled RAID in the bios and now the Server 2008 install blue screens on every boot - whether in safe mode or not.

 

I gather I've got to get the drivers for the RAID on the server somehow, but I'm a bit stuck now. All I want to do is convert the single disk installation to a basic RAID 1 array using the second drive.

 

Is the only way to do this to flatten the drive and restore the server from a backup?

Posted

I moved two servers from the B110i RAID controler (which I belive the DL G6s use) to P410 cards over the holidays - one of the servers took the RAID move fine but the other wasn't having any of it at all with problems as you describe above.

 

In the end it was down to a reinstall of Windows and setup again - it was a virtual host though so it was easy enough to get everything going again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...