IKWeb Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 Hello All I am setting up an exchange box, when its setup I am going to be needed a smarthost to send my SMTP traffic though. I know there are other ways to send send email, but for now a smarthosts is my only choice... So my question is does anyone else here use a Smarthost and if so which one? How do you find the service? and also the cost, as I have been looking around some Smarthosts charge allot and some dont. I will be hosting 10 + domain names from this exchange box, so they will all be using the smart host as a relay as I have read some of them only allow you one domain name. Anyway any feedback would be great!!
EduTech Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 Hosted Email Filtering Service, Postini < Provided by Google. Spam, Spam Filter, Spam Services, Spam Service, Spam Blocker - Message Stream I use message stream to provide the Hosted Exchange Service from EduTech Hosting, and have never had any issues with there spam service. Not sure what the pricing is like though as i only have reseller costs (but i don't resell it was just looking into it at one point). Speak to Smoothwall though they also have a few contacts whom look after Hosted Email Filtering. The smarthost is provided by your Hosted Email Filter. James.
sukh Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 1. there's many smarthosts out there, it really depends on your budget. 2.Normally people go with their ISP to make things easier
achedgy Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 I use a couple of different services, mainly i use Dyn Standard SMTP from DYNDNS, they charge on emails sent (you buy blocks of emails per day), I also use AuthSMTP as a backup. Both work nicely and do the job 1
IKWeb Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 Thanks everyone for your replys. In the end I have opened an account with Dyn DNS with 150 email limit each day. Will see how this goes. Again Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now