localzuk Posted March 30, 2007 Posted March 30, 2007 I am currently sorting out the spec of our new terminal server and this is what I am suggesting: A HP DL365 G1 with Dual Opteron 2.8Ghz CPU's, 4GB Ram and 4 73GB 15k SAS HDD's. This will be fine for a class of 30 machines won't it?
localzuk Posted March 30, 2007 Author Posted March 30, 2007 4 hard discs - 2 for the OS and 2 for the applications. I like to split the 2 aspects of the server and rather than mess around with partitioning discs it is easier this way. In the end it could end up being just 2 discs but the quote I am getting is for 4.
animalboy1968 Posted March 30, 2007 Posted March 30, 2007 i would say go for at least three disks for the apps, if you can get it passed the bean counter, and raid5 it. just in case
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now