Edu-IT Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 Looking to roll out Office 2010. I am able to successfully remove Office 2007 SP1 but I applied SP2 to that and according to what I have read (and experienced) SP2 doesn't uninstall without a separate program from Microsoft. Is it worth running this program on each machine to remove SP2 first or am I okay to uninstall Office 2007 SP1 and then just roll out Office 2010? I guess what I want to know is how you all did it. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14313
gshaw Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 There's a script called offscrub.vbs that wipes all traces of Office 2007 that might help... How to obtain and use Offscrub to automate the uninstallation of Office products - Office Deployment Support Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
Edu-IT Posted July 21, 2011 Author Posted July 21, 2011 I'd have to run that manually on each machine though?
3s-gtech Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 I've been rolling out Office 2010 with a simple startup script - Office 2010 has been automatically removing both Office 2003 and 2007 whenever it finds it, so it's been simple to deploy.
ricki Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 I've been rolling out Office 2010 with a simple startup script - Office 2010 has been automatically removing both Office 2003 and 2007 whenever it finds it, so it's been simple to deploy. I agree Richard
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now