elsiegee40 Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 I'm not doing this again... Year 6 DVDs using single drawer burners... I'm on number 14 of 21 having started 3 hours ago and Year 6 leave in 19 hours Any suggestions for a low cost, easy to use duplicator please? Sending them off to do is not an option as things ain't organised enough to get them done in time
round2it Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 Acard 1 to 5 Duplicator | Ebuyer.com we have had one for a few years no problems with it at all 1
localzuk Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 If you want to be able to print on them also, I'd say have a look at Microboards G3 (we have the G2 series model I believe). Basically, you stick discs in the hole, set up a master disc, and print file and click go. It does the rest for you. However, I don't know if you'd define them as cheap, at £1000. They do, however, make a LightScribe model of their duplicators (so, it can do a cover but it isn't printed). The 'CopyWriter Pro Lightscribe Duplicator' series. They're available in 3,5,7 and 10 disc models I believe, ranging from around £350-£700.
elsiegee40 Posted July 12, 2011 Author Posted July 12, 2011 Not interested in printing... I'm quite happy with applying laser printed CD labels
localzuk Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 Not interested in printing... I'm quite happy with applying laser printed CD labels Ok, ignore my love of Microboards then - their non-printing stuff is pretty pricey compared to the competition such as the Acard system above! (ie. 1-5 system is about £500 compared to £200 above).
Netwacky87 Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 I have the Microboards G3, piece of cake stick master in master drive stick cds in the other drives and press GO....couldnt be easier...saved me hours and hours of work!!
localzuk Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 I have the Microboards G3, piece of cake stick master in master drive stick cds in the other drives and press GO....couldnt be easier...saved me hours and hours of work!! Can't be the G3 if it is a multi drive device - the G3 is a single drive publisher fed by a computer. MICROBOARDS Technology - Microboards G3 Disc Publisher 1
Netwacky87 Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 Can't be the G3 if it is a multi drive device - the G3 is a single drive publisher fed by a computer. MICROBOARDS Technology - Microboards G3 Disc Publisher I stand corrected - Sorry! Could of sworn it was a G3 but clearly not lol
Arthur Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 I'm quite happy with applying laser printed CD labels Sticking labels onto CD/DVDs is a very bad idea. Full surface or “donut-style” labels are preferable to partial stickers but be aware that any adhesive label can potentially upset the balance of a disc when playing back, especially at high speeds, causing excessive noise, vibration and data retrieval problems. Heat, humidity, handling and the passage of time can also compromise the stability of adhesive labels causing separation from the disc surface and even interfere with the drive. Sticky labels may not be the best choice when archiving important data as some types of label adhesives can react with and compromise the disc over time. Remember too that, once applied, labels should never be removed or repositioned. Even smoothing air bubbles can concentrate physical stresses in a small area and delaminate the disc. (Source)
elsiegee40 Posted July 12, 2011 Author Posted July 12, 2011 Sticking labels onto CD/DVDs is a very bad idea. We use the full labels and these are just the pretty ones that go out to the kids. They're good enough for the use they get... and the budget won't allow for anything better. Internal use gets a permananet marker!
round2it Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 for printing we have an epson inkjet with a special adapter for prining on cds think its a colour 950 just design you image with the supplied software and print what you need. just get a little minion to change the cds for you
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now